Photobucket     Photobucket        

Monday, December 27, 2010

~~A Wonderful Christmas~~

Hey guys! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We sure was a great day spent with family. Chase had a great time! He was so excited to get up (too early) on Christmas morning and open presents. Although he is getting too old for Santa to visit, it was still fun to see him so happy!

There he is by his uncle Daniel waiting patiently to open another present.

Mom with her butterfly note cards and cross watch I bought her for Christmas.

Dad only gets golf stuff for Christmas! can usually find him out golfing in sunshine or snow! Oh, and that's our new Keurig coffee maker on the coffee table...we love it! I have drank WAY to much coffee the last few days.

Kevin and I by the tree trying out the coffee!

Sassy got a squeaky chicken for Christmas! She carried it around in her mouth all day! lol...

Here is our Christmas lunch...poppy seed chicken casserole (YUM), sweet potatoes, broccoli cheese casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls and my famous fruit salad! lol...Oh, and we ended up eating on paper plates so we wouldn't have to wash dishes. My dishwasher is not working very well right now and we are going to get a new one.

Here are the ingredients for my (simple) fruit salad:
blueberries (frozen or fresh)
sliced strawberries (prefer fresh)
jar of maraschino cherries (yummo!)
can of Mandarin oranges
colored or regular marshmallows
small bag of chopped pecans
tub of cool whip
a cup or so of coconut
(I use about two to three cups of grapes, a bag of blueberries a carton of strawberries and about a half of a bag of marshmallows)

Mix everything together and that's it! You can add other fruits if you want to...I just add what I like and everyone seems to like it. (unless they are just trying to be nice)

Chase got a Kinect for Christmas and Kevin and Daniel enjoyed playing it after lunch. It looks like fun! I haven't played it yet, but they say it's like the Wii but you use your full body. It's great exersize! Technology is crazy these days!
Well, now we move on to New Years...we have family coming in from Kentucky and will be having another Christmas over here on Saturday. Do you have plans for New Years Eve? We might get together with a few friends, but no real partying for us. Have a great week!!


Liz said...

What a wonderful Christmas, Kristen! I enjoyed your pictures and Chase is too cute! Your house looked beautiful and your meal, absolutely YUMMY!! I'm going to make that cool whip salad this week for my girl's!

I have a big commercial size cappuccino maker and would like to get a regular coffee maker. Where did you get yours?

Wishing y'all a happy New Year! XOXO ~Liz

Courtney said...

What a wonderful Christmas. That meal looks wonderful,I can't wait to make that fruit salad.

Denise said...

Great pics :-) Kristen wanted a Kinect but I had read not so good reviews on them and we already have the Wii, her friend next door got one and Kristen played with it for 10 mins then said it was rather boring!! or perhaps the game he had was boring for her?
I want one of those Keurigs ;) will have to put it on my list for next year.
Happy New Year.

Jen S. said...

Hi Kristen!
Great pictures...what a beautiful family you have :)

I recently started making the Poppyseed Chicken, and it's so good! Looks like you all had a nice meal and a great Christmas ;)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Sounds like a most wonderful Christmas day. Favorite photo? The one with those bare feetsies on the coffee table!! :)

Melissa Miller said...

How fun! You all had a lovely Christmas. You look happy!

If Sassy goes missing you may want to check our house. LOL! She is just precious with that chicken.

Anonymous said...

Loved this post Kristen....Happy New Year to you :)

Your boy sure is growing up !!!

Sassy is just the cutest thing...made me smile.

Your house looks nice all the time...but just beautiful with all your Christmas decorations, what style you have !!

We have a Wii and I am one mean Kinect sounds fun...I saw the QB for the NY Jets Mark Sanchez on FOX playing it, I believe he is their spokesperson...

All the best,
Kathy :)

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hi Kristen! Looks like you and your family had a great Christmas together! Lots of fun going on. Oh, I know we would like your coffee pot too, and yes we would be drinking too much coffee! For the first time in about 15 years I am not going to market this Jan. It just isn't working out this month. My friend Susan and I may go to a later market. Please let me know what I miss out on!!
Happy new Year!

Featured in Country Woman Magazine fall 2012 for kitchen and crafts

To subscribe through email, add your email address below.

You are welcome to pin anything from my blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Total Pageviews

The tip junkie featured my snowman mesh wreath!

homemade crafts

Popular Posts


Decorating Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sassy Girl

Sassy Girl

Cock a doodle doo!!

Cock a doodle doo!!

Wish we were here!

Wish we were here!

blog ranking

Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blog List

  • Favorite Kitchen Things: PL8 Magnetic SpoonsThe busy baking season is quickly approaching so I thought I'd take the opportunity to share with you a produc...
    1 minute ago
  • [image: mms-726] Hello, all! I hope you had a great holiday weekend. We just got back from visiting Jeff’s family in Raleigh, which is always a fun trip...
    6 hours ago
  • Welcome to the 295th Inspire Me Tuesday. I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and are now full on into the Christmas Spirit with Decor, Food and Gif...
    7 hours ago
  • Yep, we are offering over 100 pages of incredible artwork to make your own printables – gift tags, Santa Sacks, iron-ons, t-shirts, Christmas-in-a-Can,...
    8 hours ago
  • *It's that time of year again,* *when Mrs. Claus gathers the family around* *for chocolate dipping.* *Despite years and years of dipping experience* *(may...
    10 hours ago
  • [image: Christmas Mantel-Bargain Decorating with Laurie] I'm calling the Christmas mantel done. I have struggled with the décor on this mantel this year. I...
    13 hours ago
  • Well hello there! I hope your holiday was wonderful and filled with good friends, family and food! We had such a lovely few days off -- this morning was ro...
    13 hours ago
  • [image: Perfume Collection 02]My Favorite Perfumes
    14 hours ago
  • I found a grungy, beat up shelf at the thrift store. The shelf was in need of some repair but the size was right and it was only five dollars! I removed ...
    15 hours ago
  • Hello friends. have you recovered from Thanksgiving's over indulgences? I just finished a piece of pumpkin pie. True. :) Today we are visiting a few pos...
    15 hours ago
  • Can you feel the excitement in the air? So many blog Christmas tours are beginning this week and I can't wait to check them out! I'm proud to be included i...
    16 hours ago
  • It’s holiday time! That means decorating, singing carols, whipping up goodies for everyone on my list & some to share here at Jen’s Happy Holidays series t...
    17 hours ago
  • I put together an EARLY hearth vignette last week. It has changed already but I thought I would share it with you:) I have collected Santas for over 30 yea...
    19 hours ago
  • [image: 011] Do you have those people in your life who are just hard to buy for? My parents come to mind. They really don't want or need a whole lot (reall...
    19 hours ago
  • Have you ever dreamed up an idea and you just knew you were going to love it….if you could pull it off? You could see it in your head. Envisioned exact...
    19 hours ago
  • [image: Win $350 in prizes in a giveaway!] Back in August my talented friend Larissa from Prodigal Pieces shared the transformation of this free dresser….....
    19 hours ago
  • I’m easing back into regular blogging today after three weeks of traveling. I’ll be sure share pictures and favorite stops from the countries we visited in...
    20 hours ago
  • [image: Do You Wish Your Kids’ Ipads Had a Guardian Angel?] Three weeks ago my son came to us with a guilty look on his face and said “Mom, Dad I did some...
    21 hours ago
  • One of the things that we can all use each others help with is gift giving. I love to give a special gift chosen for the people in my life, however so...
    1 day ago
  • Well, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I hope you did too. School was out all week and it was a welcome break. I have to admit, I was pretty thril...
    1 day ago
  • [image: CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Faux Tin House Lanterns]I have a fun and easy little project to share today…one that I had been hoping to figure...
    1 day ago
  • Dear Ones, I will just keep adding updates on our little Carter here. You can also check my FaceBook page too. Thank you so much for your prayers. Nov. 28,...
    2 days ago
  • Welcome to the Thanksgiving 2015 edition of Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Continue Reading »
    4 days ago
  • From my home to yours I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving. Image *Fondly ~ Lynne~* This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other con...
    4 days ago
  • Hi there friends... Happy Thanksgiving Eve!! ~~~ Welcome back to another Share Your Style! This weeks host is Barbara from 21 Rosemary Lane! Wishing you ...
    5 days ago
  • *Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday.* [image: image] *From The Webbs* *2015*
    5 days ago
  • Happy Monday! Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Do you have your elastic waistband pants ready to go? I sure do! In the meantime, I'm sharing a few snippe...
    1 week ago
  • Happy Favorite Things Day! This is always a fun idea for me, and this year my bestie Sarah decided to get a group of us together to share our favorites wit...
    1 week ago
  • I'll be posting over at Instagram for now. You can follow me *here*. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    1 week ago
  • Here's a simple and fun idea for the kiddos (or the grown-ups) at your Thanksgiving feast this year... A Candy Cornucopia This version is incredibly easy...
    2 weeks ago
  • This makes my heart happy. Hopefully it brings those touched by the attacks a little peace knowing the world is mourning with them and praying for them. ...
    2 weeks ago
  • [image: 2015 10 20_6451] For this first repurposing project, I’m going easy and using one of the pockets. The jeans I’m repurposing are carpenter jeans...
    5 weeks ago
  • Welcome! I would like to formally introduce a new sign to the family. "Home" This one holds a special place in my heart. It recently appeared on the HG...
    2 months ago
  • Yup…you read that right! I am going to Hollywood in just a few short weeks! Here’s the scoop. I have not been posting much this past while because I hav...
    2 months ago
  • These closet doors are dreamy!!! *Dream Book Design *turned an unattractive closet door into something I want!!! Learn *how to build a barn door for a...
    4 months ago
  • This is a post to brag a bit on my talented husband. However before I get to that...let me tell you the story. Back in the early 90's we made a move from S...
    5 months ago
  • This Miniature Pewter-Like Teapot with Lid that lifts and tilts is adorable at the height of just 1 1/2 inches tall, and matching teacup, saucer, and disp...
    10 months ago
  • *Hi! I have been decorating for Christmas this week and finished the piano so I wanted to share.This will be a short post, I am working hard to get my hous...
    11 months ago
  • I have been keeping a secret for a few months... and it has been hard not to give it away! Thank goodness I can finally tell you today!!! After 4 1/2 y...
    1 year ago
  • Hello Lovlies, You are cordially invited to join me at my new blog, Larkspur Interiors. WHEN: Now! WHERE: R.S.V.P.: Not necessa...
    1 year ago
  • It's Friday once again. Can you believe it? And it's time for another great house tour. Today we're snooping around Jenna's home at Rain On A Tin Roof. ...
    2 years ago
  • Projects, projects, do they ever end? lol There is always something to add to the list, isn't there? I had wanted to add bead board to the ends of our ...
    3 years ago

Designed By: