Photobucket     Photobucket        

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our Trip To Jamaica

Hello everyone! I'm back from Jamaica! We had a wonderful time and I already miss the beach. The weather was great and the resort was really nice and definitely had the Jamaican atmosphere. One of the main reasons we picked this resort was for the snorkeling. There are reefs off shore that you can snorkel out to and see so many creatures and beautiful fish! We only left the resort a few times to shop and eat at Margaritaville. It was a little scary off the resort, but it was good to experience some of the Jamaican culture.

Here we are on our last night...

My mom and dad enjoyed the trip too. We all love the beach!

 Look at that clear water...
 In the shallow parts around the rocks you could see fish swimming around. See the small barracuda? Believe me...I saw some bigger ones with teeth! They usually don't try to bite unless they see something shiney. Some of the staff said there is an 8 foot barracuda that they named Johnny that hangs around sometimes. Glad I didn't see him!
 The views were so beautiful!
 This was taken from our balcony. You can see the reefs off shore. There was some sea grass in some spots right off the beach. It didn't bother me though, I always had my fins on and just snorkeled right over it. Lots of creatures live in there.
That is our resort in the background.

 We loved watching this pelican dive for fish...
 Here I am before going snorkeling. You can see Chase in the background.
 Chase loved hunting for creatures!
 He found several star fish, crabs and some really strange things too. There were also sea urchins and giant jelly fish we had to stay clear of.
 I did not have an underwater camera, but sure wish I did! We saw some beautiful fish including a few of these yellow tailed damsels. They were so beautiful and the spots just glowed! We also saw puffer fish, lion fish, white flounder, parrotfish, barracuda and even a spotted eel just to name a few...

(picture found on google images)

Our resort was really nice and had several pools and even a lazy river.
The lobby was all open and there was always a nice breeze. We loved to sit and enjoy an alcohol free pina colada or strawberry daiquiri.
One day we took a shopping trip. It was interesting to say the least!
Our last stop was at the craft market and we all felt like bait in a shark tank! lol...As we got out of the van all of the vendors were competing for us to come look at their booth. We only had 30 minutes and could only pick so many.  They are very persistent and really want to make a sale!
Here is this lady's store. She was a very nice lady and was very persistent. I did end up buying a bracelet from her for $20...I probably could have bought it for $10! I just don't know how to wheel and deal! She said I started her day off great so that made me feel good.
Here is the bracelet I bought from her. It's really pretty...

We also took a trip to Margaritaville.  The food was really good and it was a fun place to visit...if you look past the drunk people! lol... 
Margaritaville also had slides and trampolines you could jump on.
There are so many beautiful flowers and plants everywhere you look. These tropical plants were all over our resort.

The orange flowered trees are called poinciana trees and were everywhere! Aren't they beautiful? Our driver said the berries are used to make jewelry.
Well, I already miss this! Hopefully we will get to visit another beach next year. It was a great vacation!  
I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things around here. I'll be back to my normal blogging soon! Have a great rest of the weekend and stay cool! I think we are all in a heat wave right now. It's over 100 degrees here right now. It was only around 85 degrees in Jamaica...

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad you had a nice vacation! You look so nice and tan.

NanaDiana said...

Oh, Kristen- I read every word. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation...from the snorkeling to the shopping....to the alcohol free drinks. I am glad you had fun and I can tell Chase had a ball. You make a beautiful family- xoDiana

Sandra said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! We just returned from Hawaii and went on several snorkeling trips...I just could not get the hang of it. Something about putting my face under water and trying to breathe...my brain just would not work that way, I kept feeling like I was going to suffocate! :-) My 13 year old, however, LOVED IT! Glad you were able to get away and relax with your family Have a great 4th of July.

Patti said...

Looks like a grand vacation! We were in Falmouth, Jamaica last year - the people were not pushy at all there, BUT we also went to Haiti and they were brutal, fighting with each other over our attention, so intimidating! The resort looks so relaxing and lovely - lucky you - now back to reality!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful pictures. Sorry we missed you at market...We had a great visit with Sherry and her husband....

Kim said...

Wow! Looks like the Brandenburgs had a fabulous vacation! Great pix Kristen.
xoxo,
Kim

Gypsy Heart said...

So glad you had a great time! My favorite manager when I was working was from Jamaica and such fun! The food is to die for. She would bring back Jerk seasoning and scotch bonnet peppers ~ hot. :)

The water is gorgeous and the people are wonderful. Just have to stay at the resorts...

xo
Pat

Sweater Girl said...

Your vacation photos are beautiful, Kristen! Thank you so much for sharing. Looking forward to more of your great blogging.

BTW, if my last child had been a boy instead of a girl, she would've been named Chase as well.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Beautiful, beautiful! What a nice vacation! You look pretty in your pics too!! Happy 4th!

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground said...

Welcome home, Kristen! So glad you had a wonderful time!!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

Featured in Country Woman Magazine fall 2012 for kitchen and crafts

My Photo
I'm a 40yr. old mother of 1. I've been married for 19 years to a wonderful man, Kevin. We have one son together named Chase who is 14. We live in a small town in Arkansas and have a dog named Sassy, a cat named Coco and now a chinchilla, Tiki. My husband is a Database Administrator and I have my own business called Kristen's Creations where I make and sell a variety of crafts. I worked in a shop as a floral designer for 15 yrs. until it closed. My former boss decided to retire and lease out her building. I enjoy crafting, decorating, and hanging out with my family. E-mail me at Kristenscreations@hotmail.com

To subscribe through email, add your email address below.

You are welcome to pin anything from my blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Total Pageviews



The tip junkie featured my snowman mesh wreath!

homemade crafts

Popular Posts

BlogCatalog

Decorating Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sassy Girl

Sassy Girl

Cock a doodle doo!!

Cock a doodle doo!!

Wish we were here!

Wish we were here!

blog ranking

Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blog List

  • I absolutely love making Valentine card holders. It’s such a fun, creative, expressive activity for you and your kids! This Monkey Valentine Card Holder ...
    4 hours ago
  • *Getting In and Out of a Car With Poise* The Queen of England and the Duchess of Cambridge have both been schooled in Royal Etiquette and part of that stu...
    5 hours ago
  • If you are like me and are about to pull your hair out if you hear the word football again, here’s some fun for today to keep you busy for awhile – ho...
    6 hours ago
  • Today’s the first day of February, so it’s just in time for these great ideas … 20 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas! Read on and get inspired! I Love You Deerly...
    11 hours ago
  • This Sunday, we're traveling touring a gray shingled house in the woods. Traditional Exterior by Clarendon Hills Architects & Building Designers Michael Abr...
    12 hours ago
  • I cannot believe we are going into February already! Where on earth did January go? When I think of February I think of the color red since Valentine's Day...
    20 hours ago
  • Seems like every project has a lot of good bad and ugly. Painting a room can really be ugly. Pulling all the furniture into the center of the room and hub...
    20 hours ago
  • [image: 'I Love You' Embossed Jars] *About Family Crafts* made these cute and easy Valentine's jars. They would be great for a party or just to display ...
    20 hours ago
  • Sorry our Design Ramblings is late this week! It was just one of those weeks. Between sickness, snow days and a family game of Monopoly last night, I c...
    21 hours ago
  • Can you believe it’s already here? Time to talk Haven, everyone! The girls and I are busy getting everything ready for another fantastic conference for you...
    1 day ago
  • Hello, Dear Ones and can you believe January is coming to her end? Man, what a month for me. Anyway, I thought I would show you what's been on my January ma...
    1 day ago
  • [image: Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 11.58.35 PM]Yes it’s Saturday and I’m blogging! :) This is just a very quick announcement to let you know that our annu...
    1 day ago
  • It's almost time for Haven Conference 2015 ticket sales, so set your clock for Monday, February 2nd, 12 Noon EST for the launch. We are so excited to be ...
    1 day ago
  • [image: 5 Ways to Create a Focal Wall] Focal or accent walls can be a really effective decorating technique. Limiting a bold color, interesting pattern, o...
    1 day ago
  • Yesterday I was at Home Goods and they have gotten alot of new copper pieces in! I was drawn right to it. I used to have a very nice collection of copper p...
    1 day ago
  • Happy Saturday friends! We can’t think of a better way to start off the weekend than with a giveaway, can you? Our incredible sponsor LaRae Boutique has ...
    1 day ago
  • [image: Decorating With Antiques by Caroline Clifton-Mogg]Decorating With Antiquesby Caroline Clifton-Mogg Read the full article
    1 day ago
  • Happy Show & Tell Saturday! The last day of January is already here! Just two more weeks until Valentine's Day! We have our valentines and our treats, w...
    1 day ago
  • Hello and happy Friday! There’s not much on our agenda this weekend other than prepping for a birthday party and of course the Superbowl. I’m also workin...
    2 days ago
  • I have recently started another business....that makes 4 businesses my husband & I have now. Yeah, we don't get much sleep...yawn! Anyway, I have to tell ...
    2 days ago
  • [image: Valentines 1] I've already mentioned that I really like vintage Valentine cards. So, for Friday Faves, I'm posting more Valentine card decor. CL...
    2 days ago
  • Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday! Hope you've all had a good week...especially any of my East Coast friends who may have experience the snow...
    2 days ago
  • Well, it's been a few days since I have blogged. Time just gets away from me! First of all - random integer pulled two numbers for me - so the winners of ...
    3 days ago
  • A cute little bird nest rests on a cookbook. I don't remember where I bought this one but I ♥ it. Sophie soaks up the sun and warm breeze on a warm Janua...
    3 days ago
  • Stage one of the kitchen remodel is done! Dad and I added bead board and board and batten to the island and I am loving the results. This was a pretty ea...
    4 days ago
  • Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is almost here? My little grands are so excited! I wanted to find a way to help them count down the days and work wit...
    4 days ago
  • Hi there friends... Hope you all had a nice weekend! We had a few inches of snow on Saturday but a big storm is heading our way today into tomorrow! ~~~ W...
    5 days ago
  • [image: 2b9086feec2550aae3024bd0385d5029] (minus the orange of course.) Maybe it is the dreary foggy days we have been having lately that has me craving...
    6 days ago
  • [image: Tips for Pantry Organization by virginiasweetpea.com] Have you been working to get your home organized for 2015? For me it is an ongoing process! ...
    6 days ago
  • So, the cabinet came in for the bathroom. I love it. Except it doesn’t look white white like it did on the website. It looks like that pickled white. ...
    6 days ago
  • Nothing brings joy to a family like a new little one. We are still waiting... Gosh that's the hard part. So I'm trying to keep myself busy. Guess...
    1 week ago
  • *Despite all of the hurricane damage* *in our home in Cabo, * *(click here to see that post)* *we didn't lose* *any glassware or plates. We were* *blessed...
    1 week ago
  • Happy Friday! Is it really already mid-January? It seems like just *yesterday,* we were all sharing our holiday homes! Normally, I would transition right...
    2 weeks ago
  • This Miniature Pewter-Like Teapot with Lid that lifts and tilts is adorable at the height of just 1 1/2 inches tall, and matching teacup, saucer, and disp...
    3 weeks ago
  • I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. The dogs and I spent ours very quietly. There was no laughter in the air, only Christmas tunes with happy memories...
    4 weeks ago
  • Well guys, it’s that time of year again…another year is almost at a close and for many of us, it is a sentimental time. We think of those we know and lov...
    5 weeks ago
  • *Hi! I have been decorating for Christmas this week and finished the piano so I wanted to share.This will be a short post, I am working hard to get my hous...
    1 month ago
  • Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - ButterYum.org
    2 months ago
  • I have been keeping a secret for a few months... and it has been hard not to give it away! Thank goodness I can finally tell you today!!! After 4 1/2 y...
    6 months ago
  • Hello Lovlies, You are cordially invited to join me at my new blog, Larkspur Interiors. WHEN: Now! WHERE: www.larkspurinteriors.com R.S.V.P.: Not necessa...
    10 months ago
  • It's Friday once again. Can you believe it? And it's time for another great house tour. Today we're snooping around Jenna's home at Rain On A Tin Roof. ...
    1 year ago
  • Projects, projects, do they ever end? lol There is always something to add to the list, isn't there? I had wanted to add bead board to the ends of our ...
    2 years ago

Designed By: